January 14, 2013

{the plan}: a colorful free daily planner printable

Monday feels so much better when you have a plan, doesn't it?

I think so. :)

That's why I love calendars. I think they make me at least feel more productive. Once I write a task on paper, I'm itching to mark it off my list. I'll do the chore just because I want it checked off! :P My planner ran out in December, and I've felt strange without one for the past two weeks. I kept worrying I would forget something. :)

I shopped every office store in town last week and couldn't find the one-page-per-day calendar planner I wanted {is there a theme here? I guess I'm picky when I decide to spend money...lol!}. After many failed online searches, I decided to...wait for it... make my own! Big surprise, eh? ;)

So, anyway, over the weekend I whipped up a daily planner for all of us. :D wohoo!

I wanted it to have specific sections that were important to me, with a full day calendar, and not to mention, be bright and cheery... :D

Here's {the plan}:
pin it

What I use it for:

::  my prayer for today: This is where I write an idea I want to focus on praying for today. "Lord, please help me to have a good attitude" was Sunday's prayer. :) Sunday mornings are HARD. And yesterday was great. So He answered! Thank you, Lord! :D

:: weekly scripture: The verses I'm memorizing this week. Once I write things down, I remember them. Weird, but it works for me! 

:: quiet time thoughts: I wanted to record what God was showing me each morning so I wouldn't forget it throughout the day.

:: five goals: To-do list items I would like to complete through the day. I'm trying to keep these easy, so I can actually check them off. {And more than five is too many for me. :)}

:: household chores: These are chores I absolutely need to do that day. Usually this will be laundry, dishes, and basic cleaning. I love that I can also refer to my Confident Mom's Planner for the day's tasks if I want to add different chores than I normally do. Susan does a great job of outlining daily chores we don't even think about sometimes {like clipping nails...I'm terrible at remembering to do that!}.

:: meals: The plan for the day's meals. I write this in the week before as I do my menu planning.

:: love: Either a "love" project for the day {like write a note to my husband, give extra hugs, etc.} or a memory of something I loved about that day. 

:: schedule: Because I like to see what I have to do that day in detail. :)

And that's it! :D Nothing too fancy, but I like it! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :D

pin it
p.s. I can't wait to show you what else I made for you! :D I'm so excited! :D

24 comments:

  1. Mandy, thank you, this is so great! Do you put this in a binder? Do you take it with you when you're out? Do you check it throughout the day? Just wondering about how to make it work for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do put it in a binder, and take it with me. I also look at it through the day but try not to live by it, because sometimes stuff just doesn't get done :D I hope to blog more about it soon! :D

      Delete
  2. I really love this! I am almost giddy, because I like the prayer, scripture, and quiet time notes parts of the daily plan! I am a new reader, and just wanted to let you know how very much I am enjoying your posts! Thanks for this, it is PERFECT for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie@PensamientosFromParadiseJanuary 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

    Love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you liked it! I used Pages from Mac to make it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just started using a daily planner this week that I have been handwriting everyday. I was so excited when I stumbled upon this colorful and creative pre-made page. I really like the focus points you included. It is a great way to keep before you each day the things the Lord is doing in your life. Will you share what program you created this in? I'd like to personalize it even more to my specific needs & daily routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! This is perfect and EXACTLY what I've been looking for :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and such pretty look! I love the idea of writing out meals ahead of time... tend to eat less {and better} that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this planner! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. meneksh.wordpress.comJanuary 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

    This is wonderful! I like page-per-day calendars too. My lovely husband bought me a great diary for 2013 - it's compact enough to fit in all my handbags but still has a page-per-day thing going on. It's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's awesome! I couldn't find anything like that! Go hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, thank you so much for sharing! Just found your site as so many
    other pages I follow shared your daily planner and I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Joy! I'm so excited to meet you here! :D I hope you have a lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so awesome!! Thank you so much! What a wonderful feeling to go through my day with scripture written down for me AND a well organized schedule w/goals!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! Thank you for giving us some hints on how to use it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much, Mandy! Will definitely be using this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great! I have three small children and we've always been more routine than schedule type people. But lately, as I've begun homeschooling the oldest and still trying to fit in my Bible time and devotional with the children and maintaining the house and cooking meals and and and... I've been thinking I should do some type of schedule to try to get everything done. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been imagining! Thank you for sharing! I just printed one for every day next week - can't wait to see how it works for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's great but doesn't download for me in google docs :-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with this planner! The only thing that would perfect it is adding a spot to record exercise (I've been making it one of my 5 goals)...maybe where love is? I'm not really sure how to use that spot actually. I love the colorful simplicity though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This planner is simple yet have everything in it, I truely love love every part of it!! Thank you for sharing it with us :) And i wanna say that your blog has been a blessing to me, love your blog.
    Hope you & family having good days mam, God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one, and try to respond if I can! Thank you for being a part of the {bh} community!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...